9 min. | Comedy | Scotland
Seven year-old Sammy is convinced that he has been bitten by a poisonous snake. He spends the afternoon diagnosing what he believes to be the first signs of his impending death. Can his father come to his rescue?
- 1st prize, children’s jury: Chicago International Children’s Film Festival
- Best film: Heart of Gold Int’l. Film Festival
Triple Concerto in D Minor
8 min. | Australia
Ambitious young Rebecca always wanted to play her beloved triangle in an orchestra. Now she has a chance to audition with the National Youth Orchestra.
- Gold Award Cinematography: Australian Cinematographers Society
12 min | USA
Patrick stumbles upon a marvelous game of exhibition baseball where everything is real except the ball.
- Mill Valley Film Festival
- Harlem International Film Festival
- Dominican Republic International Film Festival
8 min | Ireland
In this beautifully animated winter fantasy Loocy sneaks out of her house in the middle of the night to free the full moon from a frozen pond.
A Summer Rain
17 min | USA (English Subtitles)
An 11-year old Israeli immigrant girl must cross her own cultural divide to start her new life in America.
- Best Short, Vietnamese International Film Festival
Luna: Spirit of the Whale
93 min. | Drama | Canada
Upon the death of his father, Mike comes home to pay his respects and transfer his rights to be tribal leader to another when a strange Orca appears—an Orca who may possess the spirit of his father. Based on a true story.
- Best Animation: BAFTA Scotland
- Krakow International Film Festival
- Auburn International Children’s Festival
Tommy the Kid *
12 min. | Comedy | Australia
When Tom’s bike is stolen by a junk store dealer, he hatches a plan to get it back.
- Berlin International Film Festival
- Tribeca Film Festival
- Seattle International Film Festival
* As seen in the Official Best of Fest KIDS Collection.
A Lobster Tale
95 min.| Drama | USA/Canada
Cody Brewer, a quiet New England fisherman, finds a strange green moss that holds magical powers. Once word gets out about the magical moss, the entire town suddenly becomes Cody’s best friend. With the townspeople clamoring for some moss and the already delicate state of the Brewer family, Cody must figure out exactly what to do.
- Winner: Omaha Film Festival
- Winner: Phoenix Film Festival
Juan Carlos Cremata Malberti
80 min. | Drama | Cuba (English subtitles)
Malú is from an upper-class family and her single mother does not want her to play with Jorgito, as she thinks his background is coarse and commonplace. Jorgito’s mother, a poor socialist proud of her family’s social standing, places similar restrictions on her son. What neither woman recognizes is the immense strength of the bond between Malú and Jorgito. When the children learn that Malú’s mother is planning to leave Cuba, they decide to run away and travel to the other side of the island to find Malú’s father and persuade him against signing the forms that would allow it.
- Cannes Film Festival: Junior Prize
- Giffoni Film Festival: Special Mention
- Toronto International Film Festival